Heating and Cooling System Replacement and New Installations
for homeowners in Fort Myers, Naples, Bradenton, Sarasota, & all of Southwest Florida
Do you live in Southwest Florida and think your home's heating and cooling system needs to be replaced? Are you unsure if it's outlived its useful lifespan? Do you hate choosing from numerous contractors? Relax. We can help. Here are three tools to decide if it's time to replace your central A/C.
1) Perhaps the most helpful tool is Energy Star's® free Home Energy Yardstick. It provides a simple assessment of your home's energy use, compared to similar homes. If your score is in the lower range, it's probably time to replace your HVAC.
2) If you're still uncertain, no worries. United Mechanical offers a second option: a FREE evaluation for AC replacement to residents in our service area: Fort Myers, Naples, Cape Coral, Punta Gorda, Sarasota, Bradenton & surrounding areas.
3) Download our free eBook 12 Tips to Consider Before Replacing Your A/C System. If it is in fact time for replacement, this guide will help you make a wise choice in choosing a new central air conditioning system.
4 ways to vet air conditioning companies before replacing your A/C
Do these four things to thoroughly examine each contractor you're considering:
1) Verify that they have a valid license at MyFloridaLicense.com. Here is our current Certified Mechanical Contractor's license (CMC056872) which qualifies us for all HVAC work.
Beware that some business owners & managers will fraudulently add reviews to their own business listings. Look for 1-star reviews that are followed by multiple 5-star reviews (within days to a week). This often indicates either the business owner is adding false reviews or (s)he is encouraging friends and coworkers to do so. They are trying to bury legitimate negative reviews under a mountain of positive fake reviews.
Be wary of those contractors who have high ratings on their own website's review page, but have low ratings on Google, BBB, etc. This indicates they are cherry picking their reviews, showing you only the best and eliminating the worst. That's why we recommend checking Google and others first because dishonest businesses cannot hide negative reviews there. The best they can hope to do is to bury a negative review as previously mentioned.
3. Check the news on television and the internet. Is the company being investigated for a crime? Do employees use high-pressure sales tactics? Have many local residents complained of unfair business practices such as forged signatures on financial documents?
4. Ask the HVAC contractor to provide you with a copy of their liability insurance. Installing new heating & cooling systems means working with heavy equipment and sometimes injuries happen. If an uninsured HVAC contractor injures himself on your property, guess who he's going to sue to pay his medical bills? That's right, he's going to sue you!
Some uninsured contractors will even fake an injury on your property to try and get an easy payday. We don't want this to happen to anyone. That's why we'll provide you with a current copy of our liability insurance as soon as you ask for it. Take some time to contact a few different companies. If you think United Mechanical would be a good fit, we'd love to have your business!
United Mechanical installs central air conditioners from the following manufacturers:
Bryant Heating & Cooling Systems
Carrier Air Conditioning
Lennox Air Conditioning
Mitsubishi Electric, Cooling, & Heating
Rheem Manufacturing Company
Ruud Air Conditioners
Trane Air Conditioning